2010 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试 (上)
PartⅠVocabulary and Structure (40points)
Directions：There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentences there are four choices marked A，B，C，and D. Choose the answer that best completes the sentence, and then write the choices in the brackets.
1. The ﬁre must have _______ after the shop was closed.
A. broken out B. broken down C. broken in D. broken through
2. He is _______ join the army.
A. too young to B. enough young to C. very young to D. young enough to
3. Finally he got time for a glance _______ this report.
A. off B. round C. on D. at
4. Your idea seems to be good but it isn’t _______.
A. practical B. possible C. plentiful D. precious
5. He enjoys _______ pop music while I prefer classical music.
A. to listen to B. to listen C. listening D. listening to
6. When the little girl awoke, she found herself _______ by a group of soldiers.
A. surround B. be surrounded C. being surrounded D. being surrounding
7. The manager lost his _______ just because his secretary was ten minutes late.
A. mood B. temper C. mind D. passion
8. There are several characteristics of the textbook _______ attention.
A. worthwhile B. worth of C. worthy D. worthy of
9. The new building _______ all the other buildings in the town.
A. dwarfs B. distort C. deserts D. depresses
10. I passed the test. I _______ it without your help.
A. would not pas B. wouldn’t have passed
C. didn’t pass D. had not passed
11. The Internet has brought _______ big changes in the way we work.
A. about B. out C. back D. up
12. The father writes in his will that every son and daughter _______ a share of his property.
A. has B. to have C. having D. have
13. He hurried to the hospital, only _______his father had just died.
A. to tell B. to be told C. telling D. told
14. _______ tomorrow, he would be able to see the opening ceremony.
A. Would he come B.If he comes
C. Was he coming D. Were he to come
15. The speaker could hardly ﬁnd safe ground _______ his arguments.
A. on which to base B. to base on
C. on the base D. which to base on
16. He is a man who is always _______ fault with other people.
A. putting B. seeking C. ﬁnding D.looking for
17.The factory had to _______ a number of employees because of the economic crisis in the country.
A. lay out B. lay off C. lay aside D. lay down
18. Would you spare some time to have a chat with me _______ a cup of coffee?
A. for B. with C. during D. over
19. Ten days ago the young man _______ his boss _______ his intention to resign.
A. informed … of B. informed … on
C. informed … in D. informed … to
20. It is necessary that he _______ the task by the end of next week.
A. fulﬁll B. will fulﬁll
C. will have fulﬁlled D. fulﬁlls
21. It is impossible for so _______ workers to do so _______ work in a single day.
A. few… much B. few… many C. little… much D.little… many
22. No further discussions _______ , the meeting was brought to an end.
A. arose B. arising C. to arise D. be arisen
23. The other day, Mum and I went to St. James’s Hospital, and they did lots and lots of tests on
horrible and frightening.
A. most of them B. most of which C. most of that D. most of what
24. He is a pleasant fellow to _______ .
A. work B. work with C. be working D. be worked
25. On his way to the airport, it _______ to him that he had forgotten to take his passport.
A. happened B. occurred C. reﬂected D. took place
26. Orlando, a city in Florida, _______ for its main attraction, Magic Kingdom.
A. which is well known B. being well known
C. well known D. is well known
27. _______ , he couldn’t earn enough to support the family.
A. Hard as he worked B. As he worked hard
C. As hard he worked D. Hard as did he work
28. I used _______ on the left in England, but I soon got used _______ on the right in China.
A. to driving… to drive B. to drive… to driving
C. to drive…to drive D. to driving…to driving
29. Can machines perform the same tasks _______ ?
A. that man does B. what man does C. how man does D. as man does
30. _______ that the trade between the two countries reached its highest point.
A. During the 1960’s B. It was in the 1960’s
C. That it was in the 1960’s D. It was the 1960’s
31. It’s no use _______ with him since he has made up his mind.
A. to argue B. arguing C. to be argued D. argued
32. The more he tried to please her, _______ she seemed to appreciate it.
A. less B. lesser C. the less D. the lesser
33. The information technology has greatly _______ people’s life.
A. affected B. effect C. impact D. infected
34. Having a good command of English is _______ an easy thing.
A. by all means B. by any means C. by every means D. by no means
35. My mobile phone isn’t working. It_______.
A. needs being repaired B. needs repairing
C. needs to repair D. needs repaired
36. That was so serious a matter that I had no choice but _______ the police.
A. called in B. calling in C. call in D. to call in
37. He never _______ to his customers in his business except occasionally for some special reasons.
This time he cut the price by half, which really shocked me.
A. leaked B. drew C. quoted D. yielded
38. It is useful to be able to predict the extent _______ which a price change will influence supply
A. from B. with C. to D. for
39. Undergraduate students _______ the rare books in the school library.
A. have access for B. keep access in C. keep access on D. have access to
40. _______ sat down _______ the phone rang.
A. No sooner had he …than B. No sooner he had …than
C. No sooner had he …when D. No sooner he had …when
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(中)
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(下)
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(上)
- 2010 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试 (上)
- 2010 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试 (中)