2009 年河南省普通高等学校 选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试
PartⅠVocabulary and Structure (40points)
Directions：There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentences there are four choices marked A，B，C，and D. Choose the answer that best completes the sentence, and then write the choices in the brackets.
1. Julie spent one month _________ her term paper on Chinese poems.
A. to write B. and wrote C. written D. writing
2. I was so _______ the night before my examination that I could not sleep.
A. worrying B. tired C. happy D. nervous
3. Whether you learn or not is entirely ________ you.
A. up to B. as to C. about to D. due to
4. I finally ________ to study much harder in the future.
A. prepared B. made up my mind
C. worked out D. made out
5. The old couple decided to _______ a boy though they had three of their own.
A. adapt B. bring C. receive D. adopt
6. The teacher insisted that we ________ our homework before 9:00 o’clock.
A. finished B. had finished
C. finish D. was finishing
7. The little girl showed the policeman the corner _______she was knocked off her bike.
A. and B. which C. that D. where
8. The garden requires ________.
A. watering B. being watered
C. to water D. having watered
9. Is this the house ________ Shakespeare was born?
A. which B. in that C. in which D. at which
10. ________ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights.
A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. Who
11. The population of the world is growing at a dangerous ________.
A. pace B. measure C. progress D. rate
12. You ________ not have seen her yesterday, for she was abroad.
A. must B. should C. could D. would
13. Alice trusts you; only you can ________ her to give up the foolish idea.
A. suggest B. attract C. tempt D. persuade
14. When Mary paid the bill, she was given a ________ for her money.
A. cheque B. receipt C. ticket D. label
15. It was at the music hall _______we met each other for the first time.
A. when B. where C. which D. that
16. They found the lecture hard ________.
A. to understand B. to be understand
C. being understood D. understood
17. It is no use ________me not to worry about his injury.
A. for you to tell B.your telling C. you tell D. having told
18. You must walk slowly if you want the children to ________ you.
A. put up with B.come up with C. keep up with D. go on with
19.Little John caught a ________fish this morning.
A. alive B.alone C. lonely D. living
20. ________finished his work, he had to stay at home at the weekend.
A. Having not been B. Being not
C. Not having D. Having not
21. I took the medicine, but it didn’t have any________ on me.
A. effect B. relation C. touch D. affect
22. The age of the students in this class ________ from eighteen to twenty.
A. changes B. ranges C. alters D. limits
23. It would be ________ a risk to let the child go to school by himself.
A. following B. passing C. running D. carrying
24. He ________ a knowledge of this language by careful study.
A. acquired B. required C. inquired D. requested
25. We develop trade with that company for our shared ________.
A. honour B. reward C. benefit D. prize
26. If you take this medicine twice a day, it should ________ your cold.
A. heal B. cure C. treat D. recover
27. We object ________ punishing a whole group for one person’s fault.
A. against B. about C. to D. for
28. She has fallen in love with Jack, ________ I find hard to imagine.
A. who B. that C. whom D. which
29. Are you going downtown this afternoon? I am going to have these letters ____.
A. mailed B. mail C. to mail D. mailing
30. , everything would have been all right.
A. He had been there B. Been here he had
C. Here he had been D. Had he been here
31. _________, water resources have been severely wasted or polluted.
A. They are scarce B. Scarce they are
C. Scarce as they are D. As scarce they are
32. from space, our earth, with water covering 70% of its surface, appears as a “blue planet”.
A. Seen B. Seeing C. To be seen D. Having seen
33. He’ll never succeed in passing the CET-6, _________ hard he tries.
A. however B. whatever C. despite D. though
34. Her face is_________ to me, but I can’t remember where I saw her.
A. similar B. friendly C. alike D. familiar
35. You’ll have to book the tickets for the holiday in _________.
A. front B. advance C. ahead D. forward
36. Children who are overprotected by their parents may become _________.
A. hurt B. spoiled C. damaged D. harmed
37. Kids are very curious _________.
A. at heart B. in person C. by nature D. on purpose
38. He has made another wonderful discovery, of great importance to science and man A. which I think is B. which I think it is
C. of which I think it is D. I think which is
39. My daughter and I took a _________ tour around New York City.
A. two day B. two day’s C. two-days D. two-day
40. Your brother is very tall. What is his exact ________?
A. size B. length C. height D. breadth
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(中)
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(下)
- 2009 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试(上)
- 2010 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试 (上)
- 2010 年河南省普通高等学校选拔优秀专科毕业生进入本科阶段学习考试 (中)